>A few years ago the Canadian government introduced the option to eFile your tax return. Basically you get your tax return in a .tax file format, get a special code from the government (essentially a password) and you can upload your tax return file directly through a secure connection. So why would you bother?
- Save $0.52 (?) on a stamp by not mailing in the return. Frugality on it’s finest.
- Save $0.10 (?) on an envelope.
- Save time not having to write the return or the envelope.
- Save time not having to walk to a mailbox.
- Save paper! No return (they sure are big!) or envelope.
- Save you fiance. Ask George Costanza about this one.
>Check out our 365 Green Tips Series!
P.S. Apologies for the delay in our daily tips – we’ve had a death in the family and pumping out daily content has been hard to do. We hope to get back on schedule soon.